The Shop, Gifting Guide
Unless you’ve visited the UNE Armidale campus you might not even know about this dreamy little escape know as The Shop. It’s the place on campus that everyone find themselves – however, it doesn’t exist exclusively for the people that find them on campus every day – it’s open to all, and they would love you to stop by!
On top of all the UNE things, The Shop stocks a range of locally sourced products, sustainable products, designer gifts, and this year they’re hosting 2 VIP Kids Workshops.
These workshops include a card making or a cookie decorating class. The best bit is, you can have a little glass of bubbles and peruse The Shop whilst the kids are entertained!
Lee, who runs the shop and will be hosting these awesome crafternoons is incredibly talented, for those of you that can’t come, she has put together a list of 12 of her favourite products that you can order online!
This is a beautiful dual-ended massage tool designed to help revitalise the complexion and improve your skin tone. It improves Circulation and skin tome, reduces puffiness and wrinkles – great for relaxation and stress relief!
A super cute cutlery kit in a handy metal carry case, ready for when you need it. This product is saying no to single-use plastic cutlery and straws, and is perfect for all members of the family.
AN Awesome Insulated Bag made from recycled plastic (RPET). It’s perfect for the beach, weekly shop, or picnic.
This is a fantastic starter kit for new dog owners, it includes a collapsible bowl with carabiner, tennis ball, spotted bow tie, and rope style dog lead!
This Aztec inspired Turkish towel featuring soft fringing is perfect for the beach, pool, bathroom or styling around the home!
Delicious floral mint scented lip balm is great at keeping your lips soft and supple throughout all seasons of the year.
This card game has 80 quirky questions featuring multiple-choice game play, it’s great for a road trip or even after a food coma with the family!
These are awesome if you’re looking for a little gift – there’s a range of different patterns available in adult sizes!
This double walled stainless steel flask complete with lid cup and spoon, is eco-friendly, ideal single-use plastic alternative, food safe and perfect for the whole family or school lunches.
Perfect to keep your life on track for 2021! Finished with stunning illustrations by Lilly Perrot and Murilo Manzini.
This beautiful ceramic pot is a perfect gift for a gardener or to add a decorative touch to your house with fresh or artificial flowers – or even as a stand-alone!
This little box is honestly filled with such delightful positivity. They’re created to spark joy in your day and are such a treat!
Some fantastic local talent in our shop:
- Anna Sutherland – Anna is an Australian textile designer creating colourful textiles, homewares, and accessories.
- Wildheart Candles – they create amazing hand-poured candles.
- Simone Hale – Simone is an illustrator and graphic designer who creates gorgeous local prints.
- Lizzie Horne – who is a contemporary local printmaker. We feature Lizzie’s cards and prints in-store.
- Beautiful Bizarre Magazine – Danijela Krha Purssey is the Co-founder & Editor-in-Chief of the magazine, she also resides in the Armidale area and personally delivers her magazines to us.
- Little Pink Dog Books – are based in Armidale and publish picture and storybooks for children.
- Dales Downtown Meats – are a local butcher from Uralla and make the most amazing range of Beef Jerky in a variety of different flavours.
- UNE Life Functions and Catering – have been creating handmade pickles, sauces, and chutneys. Watch this space – there will be lots more on offer from the team in-store soon!
- If you’re a local product maker and want to you can contact us via email any time!
We hope to see you at the VIP Kids Craft Workshops, have a lovely, lovely, holiday period! The team from The Shop
You can visit The Shop online or if you’re on Campus, make sure your drop by and check out what local treats are in-store, they’re located opposite Lazenby Hall in the Ingrid Moses courtyard.
Or if you want to check out the 2 VIP Kids Workshops we will hopefully see you soon!