CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSISTANT
The Customer Service Assistant will professionally greet, serve and process customer enquiries at SportUNE as well as maintaining front-of-house operations. The incumbent will be required to maintain ‘up to date’ knowledge of SportUNE’s point of sale and booking system software, membership provisions and fees, together with programs, services and activities offered by SportUNE and affiliated sporting clubs/programs.
The Customer Service Assistant will play a central role in:
- processing membership enquiries and bookings
- ensuring the set-up of equipment and spaces for groups with facilities bookings
- providing retail, barista and food handling skills in the on-site café
- assisting with the efficient handling of customers participating in sports programs and fitness activities.
Under broad direction;
- Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction by responding to customer service and facility-booking enquires (in-person, by correspondence, or telephone) in a timely, professional, and courteous manner,
- Undertake a range of administrative duties, including maintenance of, and access to records, cash-handling, and working in a team to achieve customer service and sports program objectives.
- Provide food & beverage services of SportUNE, including barista duties, basic food-handling, ordering, and stocktake.
- Communicate positively and effectively with all SportUNE stakeholders,
- Build collaborative relationships with stakeholders to foster a sense of belonging at SportUNE,
- Comply with all UNE Life’s policies and procedures, specifically those relating to equal opportunity, risk management, workplace health and safety, and quality assurance,
- Undertake reasonable directives of the employer and any other duties required as directed by SportUNE Management.
- Demonstrated relevant experience and passion for customer service,
- Demonstrated ability to use, or adapt to, a variety of systems including POS programs and Microsoft Office Suite, with an aim of improved service delivery,
- Demonstrated ability to build rapport with clients through excellent communication skills, maintaining confidentiality as required,
- Effective time management skills – able to work within time constraints and prioritise tasks according to SportUNE needs,
- Demonstrated awareness of WHS, Safe work procedures,
- Demonstrated awareness and ability to work well within a diverse workforce, either as part of a team, or individually.
- Willingness to work weekends and evenings
- Certificate III Health and Fitness or above (desirable),
- Current First aid certificate,
- Current Working with Children Check.
Forward your curriculum vitae, cover letter and selection criteria to Deb Hiscox at email@example.com by Monday 16th November