Blog and recipe from the lovely Emmaline Gallagher, UNE Life, Functions & Catering
Its the end of the year – we’re all feeling it, and sometimes, we just need a quick delicious sweet fix… Lucky for you, I’ve been making this one for years and I’m not one to muck around! Honestly, its the perfect simple recipe that hits the spot, every time!
You can thank me later! – Em.
- 400g good quality white cooking chocolate, chopped
- 2 x 395g tin sweetened condensed milk
- ¼ cup golden syrup
- ¼ cup glucose syrup
- 250g butter, chopped
- 2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- Grease a square slice pan and line with baking paper, allowing overhang for ease of removal later.
- In a large microwave-proof bowl, place condensed milk, sugar, butter, glucose and golden syrup.
- Microwave on high for 8 – 10 minutes, whisking every couple of minutes until mixture is boiling.
- Continue to microwave the mixture on high for a further 5 – 6 minutes, stirring every minute with a wooden spoon.
- Remove from microwave, stand for 2 minutes.
- Add white chocolate and stir until fully dissolved.
- Pour hot mixture into lined slice pan and smooth surface. Stand at room temperature for 2 hours, then refrigerate until firm.
- Lift out onto a board and cut into squares.
What are you waiting for!
We want to see what your fudge looks like, tag us @lifefunctionscatering and we will share them in our stories!
PS: If you’re in Armidale, don’t forget to drop into The Shop, we’ve just launched a little range of delectable pickles, relishes, and jams!